Full-stack Software Developer
At LOQBOX we’re on a mission to end financial exclusion. We believe that everyone should be able to participate in the financial system. We help everyone to access the financial system, regardless of their past experiences, and we can do it for free.
We’re a young, ambitious startup with a great management team. Started in July 2017 so far we have:
- Won a BIMA award for digital-driven marketing,
- Won Digital Impact award for financial inclusion,
- One of the TechNation top 20 Fintechs,
- Named by Lloyds in their top 3 Fintech innovators,
- Established partnerships with TSB (one of their first Fintech partners), RBS, NatWest, StepChange, ClearScore, MoneySavingExpert and Shepherds Friendly.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, but rapidly expanding, flat-structured team – and develop your skills quickly.
Software development sits at the core of LOQBOX.
You’ll have great people around you, a cool office and culture, on-hand project management, and assistance wherever you need it.
You’ll report directly into our Lead Developer, who’ll mentor you. We’re looking for a superstar in the making. As our new backend developer, you’ll be ambitious and have a passion for suggesting new ideas and tech.
You will write “clean”, well-designed code, which can be deployed as new features to expand the platform. We’ve created a flat working culture where you’ll be empowered to make suggestions and back up your ideas with great execution and delivery.
As a finance company, security is very important to us, so you will be expected to use a best practice approach to implementing security, authentication, authorisation and encryption in your code.
We’re looking for a driven, passionate and dynamic developer who is proactive in experimenting with new technologies and platforms and finding creative solutions to new problems.
- PHP including MVC frameworks such as Laravel / Codeigniter,
- HTML5 / CSS3 / JS, including modern front-end frameworks and libraries,
- Good working knowledge of LAMP stack,
- Version control, such as Git,
- Agile methodology.
If you have experience in any of the following, even better:
- Experience working with open banking
- Familiarity with FinTech or finance,
- Unix server management,
- TDD / BDD,
- Project management using Jira or similar,
- API development using REST,
- Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes,
- JS frameworks – React, vue.js, Angular,
- CSS preprocessors – Less, SASS,
- Linux DevOps,
- Amazon AWS,
- CI (Continuous Integration).
You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact with one of the UK’s most exciting FinTech companies. You will also have access to:
- Competitive salary – based on your level of experience,
- Clear and potentially rapid career progression,
- Mentoring from industry leaders,
- A great office in the heart of Bristol,
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to join a South West-based, high growth FinTech.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply