1. Collection of Data
- In connection with accessing our Services, we may collect information from you which can be used to identify you ("Personal Information"), such as your name, shipping/billing address, email address, phone, username and password.
- We collect information when you register or open an account, sign in, pay a bill, purchase or subscribe to a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We may also get information from other companies or third parties, such as when you sync a third party account or service with your Service, or when we may use service providers to supplement the Personal Information you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service. Finally, we also collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services.
- Information you give us. We also collect information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site at https://www.loqbox.com, through the Loqbox App, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This may include information you provide when you search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The Personal Information and other information that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, credit reports about you and a personal description of you.
- We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services ("Usage Data"), such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example, we may collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information, such as using IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We may also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. If applicable and if you enable location-based Services, we may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data. The information that we collect about you may also include other technical information, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and your operating system and platform. We may also collect other information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
2. Use of Data
- Unless prohibited by law, regulation, or a contractual obligation, we may use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- We may use your information to communicate with you about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you. Please see Section 3 below for the choices you have regarding these communications.
- We may use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Service, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of the Services, such as to better inform our marketing strategies.
- We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you requested, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
- We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience. We also offer various Internet chat services, for example, to speak with a support representative or other advisor. Internet Chat transmissions may be intercepted by third parties, so you should not supply more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary to address your specific issue. We may retain a transcript of any Chat session to resolve questions or issues related to our Services.
- We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them.
- We may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes. This information may be anonymized, such that it does not identify you personally. For example, we may share demographic data that describes the percentage of our customers who use mobile services or who use a particular operating system. We or our third party partners may publicly report the aggregated findings of the research or analysis, but we may do so in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified.
- You may be able to log into our Services using a shared credential pass-through mechanism, where you log into our Services using credentials provided by another party, or where we use your login credentials for the Services to give you access to services operated by other parties. For example, you may use your Gmail or Facebook credentials to log into our Services. In such cases, we may collect and share with the respective third parties certain information for security purposes in order to verify your authorized access to an account or to reset your password if you cannot access your Services account. Some Services may require added security and you may be asked to provide additional information. The email address and password that you use to sign up for a Services account are your "credentials" that you will use to authenticate with our platform. We may assign a unique ID number to your credentials to track you and your associated information. Our Services do not allow sharing of accounts between users or individuals, and you will not share your Services account with any other party. You will also not use another party’s Services account.
- We may use information, including Personal Information, within the scope of any rights granted to us in the Agreement or as otherwise permitted under the Agreement.
b. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with other parties, as follows:
- We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they're providing to us or on our behalf.
- We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we're required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
- We may share your information with credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
- We may share your information, including your Personal Information, with and among our affiliates and subsidiaries, except where prohibited by law, regulation, or a contractual obligation. Affiliates and subsidiaries means companies related by common ownership or control. The reasons why we share your information include for our everyday business purposes, such as to: process your transactions, maintain your accounts, operate our business, facilitate access to your Services account, and so on. We may also share your information in order for us to be able to offer the Services and other products and services to you. We may also share information about your creditworthiness, your transactions and experience so that we can operate our business effectively, detect and prevent fraud, and improve our Services.
- Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
c. You may choose to sync certain Services with information from other financial accounts. To sync your financial account information, we must access your online account with your financial institution. We may request your user name, password, and any other login bank data that you have set up with your financial institution to enable access. We may use this information to update and maintain the account information you download, to assist with the download process, and to enhance the Services we may provide in the future.
d. We work with other companies or developers to offer you products and services and you may choose to sync, link or connect other third party services with the Services. Sometimes we may let you know about the service or product, or another company may let you know about a service or product offered by us. It will be clear who is referring the service or product, and who is providing the service or product. If you choose to accept these services, providing your consent to either the third party or to us, we may exchange your information, including your Personal Information, as well as information about how you interact with each company's service or product. This exchange of information is necessary to maintain business operations and to provide the ongoing service you've requested. By requesting or accepting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your information, including your Personal Information, to the other party.
3. Managing Your Privacy.
- We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive:
i. Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or newsletter you received.
ii. Adjust your settings in your Services account.
iii. For SMS messages, if applicable, reply "STOP" or follow the instructions in the message or settings to discontinue those communications.
iv. If applicable, our Services may send notifications to your mobile device. If you are receiving notifications from us on a mobile device and no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
- Some of our Services may use social media features provided or shared with other parties (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.). These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting within our Service, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features may be hosted by another party or may be hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the party providing the relevant social media features.
4. Updating Your Personal Information.
- In connection with your right to manage your Personal Information you provide to us, you may access, update, change, correct or request deletion of your information either through the Service or through our Customer Support team. You can reach our Customer Support team by using the contact information provided on our website.
- If you have created an online account with us and would like to access, update, change, correct or delete the Personal Information you have provided to us, you may be able to access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your Personal Information directly through your account.
5. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
The following is a high-level summary of our practices and your controls for cookies and other tracking technologies.
- We may use advertising networks and other third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may place Cookies on our Services and unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests, and to determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, please contact us at the Customer Support link available on our website.
- You may also have the additional choices to opt-out of certain tracking by other parties through Cookies for such purposes, in which case you may use the tools available to you by such parties.
- Please note that even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, but they may not be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- Like many other companies, our Services may not be configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted.
- The types of Cookies we use are:
Essential Cookies - Our site wouldn’t work without these. They allow you to do things like log in and set up payments.Analytical/performance Cookies - These mean we can count visitors and see how they move around our site, helping us develop new ways to help people find what they’re looking for more easily.
Functionality Cookies - These recognise you when you revisit our site, helping us personalise content, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (like language or region settings).
Targeting Cookies - These record your visit, which pages you visited and the links you followed, helping us make our site, and any advertising on it, more relevant to you. For this reason, we may also share this information with third parties.
Except for Essential Cookies, all Cookies expire after 30 days.
Blocking Cookies - You can choose to refuse some or all Cookies in your browser settings. But bear in mind that if you block all Cookies (including essential ones) you may not be able to use parts of our site
Third Party Cookies – See below
- The Third Party Cookies we use are:
Google Analytics – This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. The Cookies used by Google Analytics help us to analyse how users use our site and to count the number of people who use it. Google Analytics stores your IP address anonymously. Google does not associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information;
Facebook Ads (the Facebook pixel) – These Cookies collect information about how visitors use our site. This data is collected anonymously and is used to help improve our site’s functionality;
Google Ads – These Cookies collect information about how visitors use our site. This data is collected anonymously, to help make our marketing communications more relevant, and is used to improve our site’s functionality;
Yahoo – These Cookies are used for targeted advertising;
DoubleClick Digital Marketing – This is an integrated digital marketing platform from Google. These Cookies are for advertising. When you leave our site, these Cookies allow Google to serve and personalise adverts to you, to limit the number of times you see an advert, to mute ads you have chosen to stop seeing, and to measure the effectiveness of adverts;
YouTube - Some of these Cookies are functional to provide things like bandwidth. Other Cookies used by YouTube are for marketing and tracking purposes; and
Hubspot - This is a marketing platform. These Cookies collect information about how visitors use our site.
- Google Customer Match and Facebook Custom Audiences
Please note that this affects only those users/customers who are existing Google or Facebook customers. We use Google’s Customer Match and Facebook’s Custom Audience features. This information allows us to show personalized adverts to our users and/or customer while they are logged into Google and/or Facebook and may also be used to create lookalikes of similar audiences for targeting. This is matched on a pseudonymised basis without ever leaving our servers, and is known as ‘hashed data’. We do not send any new information to Google or Facebook that it does not already hold. The exception is that we may send information to either Google or Facebook as necessary to fulfil our instructions to serve relevant advertising as our data processor.
Google and Facebook will be unable to see the personally identifiable data of those users/customers who aren’t Google or Facebook customers. If you wish to opt out of the use of your data in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can manage your advertising preferences by updating your Google and Facebook settings.
The purpose for the sharing of this data is direct marketing and the lawful basis is that it is in our legitimate interest to present relevant content, products and services to you and that you have provided your consent by using our products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Data Retention
- In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we may retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications.
- We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and by our records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
7. Security of Your Information
8. International Data Transfers.
- In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
- We may transfer your personal information to and process and store your information in other countries in compliance with applicable law. Some of these countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information remain protected.
9. How to Contact Us
- Via Direct Mail. Please write to us at the following address: 225 Dyer St., 2nd Floor, Providence, Rhode Island, 02903.
11. Children’s Personal Information
- We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
- Our Services are intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
12. California Privacy Rights